June 18, 2019
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
June 18, 2019
Main Event 7:30pm
Real Estate Cost Recovery and Impacts of New TCJA Laws
Jared Jex of Cost Segregation Authority coming in from Salt Lake City will be educating us STLREIA real estate investors!
Course Description: This one-hour course will discuss changes to the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act with a focus on cost recovery changes, Bonus Depreciation, and Qualified Opportunity Zones (QOZ) and the tax Incentive impact they will have on real estate owners.
Course Objectives: Attendees of this course will learn how to identify opportunities through increased understanding and awareness of:
- Cost recovery and the principles of depreciation and cost segregation
- Property Classifications: Real Property vs. Land Improvements vs. Personal Property
- Tax implications and strategies upon the sale of a real estate assets
- Changes made by the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act and the impacts to real estate depreciation
- Bonus Depreciation
- 1031 Exchanges
- Qualified Opportunity Zones
- Useful strategies for implementation of new tax laws
Early Bird Session 6:30pm
Enhanced Enterprise Zone of St. Louis
This month we are also fortunate to haveZachary Wilson of the Enhanced Enterprise Zone of St. Louis. He will be enlightening us on some very unique opportunities here in town.
Both the City and State offer tax incentives to businesses investing within certain areas of the City called the Enhanced Enterprise Zone.
- The City and State offer tax incentives to businesses that invest in certain geographical areas of the City, called the Enhanced Enterprise Zone.
- The minimum threshold to receive both City and State incentives is a capital investment of at least $100,000 and the creation of at least two new jobs.
- The City offers 10-year real estate tax abatement to businesses that meet those requirements (see attached application.
- The State offers a myriad of benefits, including job credits, investment tax credits, 50% corporate income tax exemption, and a personal property tax incentive to qualifying businesses.
Be sure to arrive early.
(Approx. 1 1/4 miles west of I-270-parking lot entrance is off Fern Ridge Pkwy-enter lower level from rear)